I feel like I've been waiting forever to post this one! Now that it's officially fall I will officially admit to being a bit basic (okay a lot basic) and completely excited about all the pumpkin items this season brings around.
I've never been big on coffee. Aside from a brief stint in high school when drinking a latte seemed like the coolest thing in the world, there's something about the taste that just doesn't appeal to me.
So instead of a pumpkin spice latte, I took the flavors and transformed them into a pumpkin spice smoothie. While not only delicious, drinking it also gives you the added benefit of being a little less basic than your friends who are running off to Starbucks the second their seasonal cups appear.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (make sure to get pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 frozen banana (if using fresh just add some ice cubes to make it cold)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Coconut whipped cream (scroll to the bottom here for the recipe)
- Sprinkle of brown sugar for garnish (optional)
1. Add pumpkin through coconut milk to a blender and whiz until smooth. Top with coconut whipped cream and brown sugar.