I didn't really dig into podcasts until Serial came out a couple years ago. Up until then I only had music to pass the time during long car rides or walks, but I found I enjoyed listening to podcasts much more and, when Serial ended, I went on a hunt for more podcasts to fill the void. These five are my absolute favorites that I look forward to listening to each week when I'm on my way to and from work, or when I'm doing chores like washing dishes or cleaning my apartment. What's more is you can find all of them from free on iTunes or the Podcast App. I should probably also mention that I'm really letting my reality TV, especially Bravo, obsession out with this list... you'll see what I mean.
1. The Bitch Bible. Jackie Schimmel is the unapologetic, unfiltered host of this hilarious podcast. She tells it like it is, says what you're thinking and isn't concerned one bit with being "politically correct." She covers everything from pop culture to relationships and reality TV, especially all things Real Housewives and The Bachelor. Jackie is to Bravo TV what sportscasters are to football. She brings a refreshingly brutal honestly to every topic, making her podcast completely addicting. Her snapchat (jackieschimmel) is also top notch.
2. Heather Dubrow's World. Healther Dubrow, from Real Housewives of the OC, is the host of this podcast. Heather discusses pretty much everything including health, wellness, beauty, relationships and family with her guests, who are often other celebrities. She also dishes behind the scenes Real Housewives gossip, including episode recaps, and answers listener's questions. Heather has always been my favorite of the OC housewives for her class and charm, which she definitely brings to each week's episode.
3. Straight Up with Stassi. Moving right along with the reality TV trend, Stassi Schroeder from Vanderpump Rules is the host of this podcast that comes out twice a week. One of the weekly episodes consists of Stassi and a guest, usually a friend of hers, chatting about what's going on in their lives as any typical girlfriends would on a casual wine night. In the week's second, shorter episode, Stassi gives advice and answers listener's questions. Similar to Jackie Schimmel, Stassi brings a refreshing honesty to every topic she discusses and really lets listeners into the inner workings of her life.
4. Lady Lovin'. Lo Bosworth, from the old MTV series, Laguna Beach, and her two friends, Greta and Jilly, are the hosts of this podcast. Since staring on Laguna Beach as a high schooler, Lo has moved to New York, gone to culinary school and created a super successful lifestyle blog. These three ladies have a variety of guests on ranging from entrepreneurs to comedians to their best guy friends. The subtle underlying goal of their podcast is to empower women, which they accomplish in a number of ways, including interviewing women who have started their own businesses and calling out a lady that they love and admire at the end of each episode.
5. Food Blogger Pro. This one is a total outlier! But don't discount it if you're a fellow food blogger, or are interested in having any sort of online presence. Bjork Ostrom, husband of Lindsay Ostrom from Pinch of Yum, hosts this podcast. Each week he interviews different types of guests from the blogging world, including creators of successful blogs like Gimme Some Oven and experts like Pinterest strategy specialists. I always learn something new from each episode and walk away feeling motivated to take the blogging world by storm.