You know another time this hydration comes in handy? When you're looking for a new cocktail recipe that won't leave you feeling bad the next morning. Because really there's no time to waste feeling hung over when it's this beautiful outside. This smoothie is delicious mixed with coconut rum or silver tequila resulting in the most refreshing drink to cool down with on a hot day.
This year for 4th of July, Jack, two other couples and I rented a beach house in Half Moon Bay and I've been trying to think of fun food and drinks we can make in its beautiful kitchen. This watermelon smoothie/cocktail definitely makes the cut along with a recipe for strawberry and pineapple guacamole that will be coming up on the blog next week.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 4 1/2 cups watermelon chunks
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup coconut yogurt (I like So Delicious)
- 1/2 cup lightly packed mint
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- Coconut Rum or Silver Tequila (optional/encouraged)
- Place everything a blender and whiz until smooth.